Last week the temps in Seattle soared into the 90's; it was glorious! While my neighbors were hunkering down in their basements, I was skipping through my garden with a watering can, setting up the Slip 'n Slide for my kids, and making popsicles. Actually, we were all loving it. I think we were all lacking in vitamin D.
On one of those days, Jakey tripsied out of the house in his fleecey, footed doggy jammies. I was sitting on the lawn talking to my friend, and our little girls were playing on the Slip'n Slide.
"Jake, it's too hot for you to wear those," I told him.
"No it's not."
"Yes it is. You'll die of heat stroke."
"No I won't."
We went back and forth a few times, and I succumbed. Jake disappeared back in to the house, only to reappear wearing his fleecey green dragon costume from Halloween OVER his fleecey doggy jammies. Oh, great. He was so pleased to have put it on by himself that I couldn't bear to burst his bubble. He tromped over to me and announced that since he was a Mighty Dragon today, he was going to go and scare Thys and his buddy, who were playing basketball. I laughed, said "OK", and he was on his way. I watched him stealthily creep up behind the two unsuspecteing 11 year -olds, who were totally lost in their game of two on two. Little did they know that they were only moments away from being totally scared out of their pants by a four year old.
Jakey crept up behind them and, "ROAR!!!!"
I didn't expect the big boys to jump nearly as high as they did, or at all! My friend and I couldn't stop laughing.
Jake went inside and changed into a different "costume." He still had his dragon headdress on, but he put on his Thomas shirt, his soccer shorts, one unzipped leg from a pair of his britches, and a Ryan sock. Somehow he thought it would be funny to interlace a giant sized pick up stick throughout his gettup (and it was). He came to me a few minutes later.
"Momma," he said, "if you help me take off my costume, you will see the cute little monster who is hiding inside."
Ah man, I didn't need to help him with his costume to see that. He already is the cutest little monster in the house. I think I need to start a blog expressly for the Jakey. Watch for "cutelittlemonster.blogspot.com".
3 comments:
Jakey is too pwecious!
I told that story to Buck, and he got a good chuckle out of it. More pics of your kids please!
Oh, Man, having spent the last couple of days with Jake, I can picture it all....love the way his mind works. We communicate well together, you know.........hummmm.. I wonder what that means? Love, Mom Reynolds
Post a Comment